collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

I have Lyme or so they say .....

I'm Still Here

I have Lyme or so they say

And I had an ordinary life

Till this silent lurking monster

Crawled out of the bushes and took it away


People who have never had Lyme

Have not got a clue

How much it wreaks havoc

And what harm it can do


Because having Lyme is a disease

That no one can understand

Until you are struck down

By its mighty invisible hand


For the things you take for granted

That you do without thinking everyday

Are now impossible to those with Lyme

And we are judged and criticized for it every time


Misunderstood by doctors- We are stereotyped

As "crazy," lazy," or "lame,"

We are not "lepers" but the way we are treated

We might as well wear that name


I have Lyme- But please don't pity me

For I still have two eyes that are able to see

A heart that loves unconditionally

Two lips that many bedtime stories have told

Two arms that can still reach out and hold


My legs may at times grow weak

My body may no longer fit me like a glove

But I still have an enormous

Ability to feel compassion and love


Lyme may have taken away

A lot of my capabilities

But I promise you through it all

One thing is certain....

I HAVEN'T LOST ME!!!!! ♥

Author Unknown