collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

google "My Story Jernigan"


Just a little background for you about the Hansa Center "Well Bell". If you have read my health history (google "My Story Jernigan") you know I have definitely been through a lot of the same things many of you are suffering from. When I was at an ER, hospital, or doctor's office, I would be led down a long corridor of exam rooms by a nurse and be placed in one of the many bleak rooms. "The doctor will be in to see you in a bit." I would sit there for what seemed like an eternity wondering if they had forgotten about me. I wondered if anyone is even getting well in this place?

So years later when I became a doctor I wanted a way to let everyone in the clinic know that someone in the clinic was well so that they could be encouraged. Finally when I was on one of my botanical research trips in Brazil I found the perfect brass bell in a rural market...my "Well Bell".

The Well Bell has been sitting on the front desk at the Hansa Center for many years now, and it is such a joyous event when someone gets to ring the Well Bell! We even have people who have come for treatment from out of the country and out of the state who when they finally reached their health goal will call the office to report their success and gleefully ask to hear the Well Bell ring for them while they are on the phone!

The bell is loud enough for the sound to penetrate every room in the clinic and EVERYONE, including the doctors, stops what they are doing, claps, cheers, and whistles in great celebration!

Now only this week did it occur to me to engender even greater celebration by letting our internet family be able to rejoice with these very brave people who often after years of struggling are now well.

Come ring our Well Bell!