collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

2 years of treatment today!


2 years of treatment today!
2 years ago I was clinically and medically diagnosed with Chronic Neurological Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella and Mycoplasma. Treatment has been very hard on me, nothing easy about any of it. I am grateful for the support I have, especially from my loving wife Paula, you see me at my worse and I know it is hard for you to watch me when deteriorating, crying in pain, etc.
Struggling to get out of bed with aching joints, sore soles of feet, pain in muscles and bones, skin on fire, headache, dizzy, twitching, eye pressure/floaters, sensitive to light and sound, chest pains, sore glands, electric shocks throughout my body, air hunger, metallic tastes, lack of energy, swollen veins, etc…this is a “good day”
On a “bad day” symptoms become unbearable. I don’t get out of bed and just wait for the day to pass, hoping to wake up to a “good day”
A “good day” does not mean no pain or symptoms, it just means it’s not as bad as it gets.
For me there is no escape, off switch or cure. There is only hope that one day I will make it to remission.
If I was correctly diagnosed 16 years ago (in 1998 when infected), ONE bottle of antibiotics could have prevented this from progressing into Chronic Neuro Lyme, which now requires long term treatment and ongoing maintenance for life with no guarantees.