collecte section Bourgogne

https://www.helloasso.com/associations/association-france-lyme/collectes/section-bourgogne

Boys ages 5-19 are the most often affected age group and children comprise 25% of all Lyme Disease cases.

Julia Israel, sister of our fundraising co-chair Sarah, tells her heartfelt story of fighting JRA from childhood. Boys ages 5-19 are the most often affected age group and children comprise 25% of all Lyme Disease cases. It is often difficult for them to convey in "adult terms" what they are experiencing.

Julia's reflection on the physical and psychological effects from dealing with Chronic Lyme Disease is invaluable in helping adults recognize the symptoms as quickly as possible.

Thank you for sharing your story Julia and to the Israel family for your past and present efforts raising awareness!

"After this last incident, my parents and I decided we had to try something else. My dad had been diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease and the doctor was interested in seeing me since he had successfully treated and cured several patients diagnosed with JRA. My rheumatologist thought I was insane, but I had one more infusion left to try before I was out of options with JRA meds, so we figured why not give this Lyme doctor a shot."